By Signing Up (Becoming a Licensed Instructor), you are purchasing a license to use the Kids Can Sew Intellectual Property in you classes. Signing up requires an Initial payment plus a monthly recurring charge. Terms and Conditions outlined below:
Acceptance of Terms
This page states the terms and conditions (“Terms”) of using this site and products. Kids Can Sew® offers various products, services, and content on this site. Your access and use of this site is governed by these terms. Accessing, browsing, purchasing, downloading, or using this site and/or products and/or services is an acceptance of these terms. If you do not agree to and completely accept these terms, you should not use the site, products, and/or services.
PLEASE DO NOT COPY:
The Kids Can Sew Curriculum and all Kids Can Sew products remain the Intellectual Property of Kids Can Sew, with or without a licensed. As a Licensed Instructor, your license gives you permission to purchase curriculum and/or product for yourself AND you agree that you will purchase a pattern for each student you teach in your classes. As a Licensed Instructor, (you) are an independent contractor, in the business of teaching kids to sew using the Kids Can Sew® Curriculum. The following restrictions apply
As a License Instructor, your license includes access to services, products and the use of the trusted Kids Can Sew® Intellectual Properties to be used to teach kids to sew in your sewing classes. As a Licensed Instructor, (you) are an independent contractor in the business of teaching kids to sew using the Kids Can Sew® Curriculum:
- YOU MAY USE the Kids Can Sew® web button we provide for you, providing you are purchasing patterns/instructions for EACH student enrolled in your classes. Patterns/Instructions are for a SINGLE USER only and each student is required to have their own original Kids Can Sew® pattern/instructions. (see copyright below).
- A web button is can be posted on your site/s promoting your classes using the Kids Can Sew® Curriculum.
- You MAY NOT use the Kids Can Sew® Logo (that’s us) at any time. An authorized web button is provided for your use.
- YOU MAY NOT use the Kids Can Sew® trademarks/name in any manner that causes confusion, disparages, or discredits Kids Can Sew®.
- You may cancel your license at any time.
- Upon cancellation of License, use of the Kids Can Sew® Curriculum and all other services are revoked.
FEES: Membership/License has a recurring fee and will start billing 30 days after the initial membership/license purchase. It can be cancelled at any time. Fee are not prorated nor refundable due to the nature of the product. If recurring fee does not process, you may lose access to products, license, and services associated with your membership/license. To access product, services and receive license permissions after cancellation, a may purchase the membership/license again. Recurring fees may be increased.
CANCELLATION: You can cancel at any time. Upon cancellation, all membership services, licenses, and access to any products or information will be discontinued and the following will apply:
- You can NO LONGER represent yourself or your studio as a current or former Registered/Licensed with Kids Can Sew®. This includes but is not limited to:
- You cannot use the Kids Can Sew® web buttons.
- You cannot use any statements or verbiage stating you are or were a Registered/Licensed Instructor with Kids Can Sew® teaching the Kids Can Sew® Curriculum.
- You cannot advertise or imply that you are or were a Registered/Licensed with Kids Can Sew® in image or words.
- You cannot use any photos or images of Kids Can Sew® products, including but not limited to, pattern packets, patterns, instructions, fliers, certificates, guides, safety charts, booklets, etc.
- Federal copyright law is NOT a condition of your Kids Can Sew® Membership/License. The Kids Can Sew® patterns, instructions, and all other Kids Can Sew® product continues to be covered by federal copyright law after cancellation of membership/license. This means that you may not SHARE, COPY, TRACE, DUPLICATE, RENT, LEASE or DISTRIBUTE the Kids Can Sew® patterns, instructions, or any other Kids Can Sew® products to any of your students or others regardless of whether you are licensed/member or not. Kids Can Sew® Patterns are for A SINGLE USER ONLY.
- You may cancel your license/registration at any time. Kids Can Sew® has the right to cancel your licensee/registration at any time. In addition, Kids Can Sew® has the right to refuse acceptance of joining/license for any reason.
COPYRIGHT: Copyright is NOT a condition of your license, it’s the law. Copyright law protects the author of the Kids Can Sew® Products (pattern, instructions etc.) from illegal copying, tracing, duplicating, sharing, etc. and/or distribution of. This means you CANNOT purchase one pattern to use for multiple students. Copyright applies to licensed instructors or non-licensed instructors. You are to provide each student with their own original Kids Can Sew® pattern/instructions. (parents pay for their child’s packet). This means that you may not copy, share, trace, duplicate or distribute any of the Kids Can Sew® patterns, instruction or any other product for multiple individuals. Product is for a single user only. Any attempt to violate the copyright is illegal and violates copyright law and may be subject to legal action.
RETURNS: Due to the nature of the product offered, returns, refunds, or exchanges are not provided. Non use of membership/license is non-refundable as use of license, various services and access to product is the sole responsibility of the membership/license holder. Refunds are not provided for downloadable materials and/or products.
IMAGE USE: Copyright is NOT a condition of your membership/license, it’s a law. All images on our site are subject to copyright. They may NOT be used without permission. You MAY use product images ONLY when purchasing the product. Once the product is purchased you may use the image to promote the product only for the duration of your membership/license and credit to Kids Can Sew® must be provided. You may not alter any site content to remove copyright or trademark identification. Images may not be used for any printed material.
Upon cancellation, permission to use the image is revoked and must be removed from any site promoting such product and/or service.
SITE CONTENT AND TRADEMARK:
All content of this site is the property of Kids Can Sew®. Content including, but not limited to, text, graphics, button icons, images, audio clips, video clips, and other content and materials on this site belong exclusively to Kids Can Sew® or its affiliates and are protected by intellectual property rights, trademarks, and copyright laws. Unauthorized use of any content may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. The use of any of our trademarks or service marks without our express written consent is strictly prohibited. Any image and/or product which includes the Kids Can Sew® name, logo etc. is not to be altered in any way to remove identification of product or source of for any reason. Material on this site may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. We make no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Site or the Material. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify, add, or remove portions of the site at any time without notice.
PRODUCT COPYRIGHT TRADEMARK & LOGO:
The use of any of the Kids Can Sew® trademarks, and logo in any manner. Furthermore, each product on this site is protected by intellectual property rights, trademarks, and copyright laws. Unauthorized use of any content may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. Patterns, pattern instructions, and other products are intended to be used for sewing instruction only. Any other use if prohibited. Products are for a SINGLE USER only and you may not copy, trace, share, rent or lease in whole or in part any of the program curriculum, including but not limited to: Manuals, patterns, forms, advertising materials etc. Copyright prohibits any type of tracing, copying, duplication and/or sharing, etc. You may not create any printed and/or digital derivative or any product, unless specifically stated. You may not alter any Kids Can Sew® product and/ or image to remove the name, image, logo which identifies the product and/or image. To protect the integrity of the Kids Can Sew® program, copyright is strictly enforced. The purchase, downloading, using, or otherwise accessing product is an acceptance of these terms. Copyright at no time is transferred upon use, download, printed, or purchase of any content. Product offered through this site may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. We make no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Site or the Material. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify, add, or remove portions of the Site at any time without notice.
GENERAL RULES: The Site is intended for those over 18 years. This site is not to be used: (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or (c) that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive, hateful, or otherwise objectionable, in our sole discretion.
Security Rules: You may not violate or attempt to violate the security of the Site or use the Site to violate the security of another website by any method. Violators of these Rules may be subject to civil or criminal liability.
Email Addresses: Gathering email addresses or other information from Kids Can Sew® through any means including, harvesting or automated means is expressly prohibited. Posting or transmitting unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation to other users is prohibited. By submitting or otherwise making content available on the site, you thereby grant Kids Can Sew® a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to reproduce, use, store, modify, edit, distribute, or make available any portion of such content for use in any medium, now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, subject only to these Terms. While not limiting the foregoing rights, Kids Can Sew® reserves the right to excerpt, store, use, or distribute, in whole or in part, any content posted by you on any public areas maintained within the Site (including, but not limited to the general access and password protected community, instructor groups, blogs, instructor pages, class and project areas), along with your screen name and/or user ID you selected, and feature them in ads, supplements, and content pages in any print publications owned, controlled, or otherwise maintained by Kids Can Sew®. Kids Can Sew® may identify you as the author of any of your postings by name, email address, or screen name as we deem appropriate. Kids Can Sew® reserves the right (but assumes no obligation) to delete, move, or edit any postings that come to its attention that it considers unacceptable or inappropriate, whether for legal or other reasons.
YOUR PURCHASE FROM THIS WEBSITE:
The following additional terms apply if you purchase any products or services, (including memberships) from this Site:
- Password & Identification: You are assigned a password and account identification to enable you to access and use certain portions of the Site. Each time you use a password or identification, you will be deemed to be authorized to access and use the Site in a manner consistent with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITES BY ANYONE USING THE PASSWORD AND IDENTIFICATION ORIGINALLY ASSIGNED TO YOU WHETHER OR NOT SUCH ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITES IS ACTUALLY AUTHORIZED BY YOU, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSMISSIONS AND ALL. You are solely responsible for protecting the security and confidentiality of the password and identification assigned to you. You shall immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or identification or any other breach or threatened breach of the Sites’ security. You are required to create an account upon purchasing product. Sharing your password or allowing others to access your account is prohibited. You also agree to hold harmless Kids Can Sew® and/or any third party for any damage that may occur as a result of using this site or purchasing products from this site.
- Modifications: We may modify or discontinue any product or service at any time with or without notice.
- Copyright Summary: You agree to all terms of copyright and trademark use as stated above on all site use, products, and services. To summarize, you agree to purchase product for each enrolled student to use the Kids Can Sew® patterns and instruction and will not copy, share, rent, lease etc. You agree you will not alter any product or service to remove copyright and/or trademark identifiable information. You agree you will not use product to make any digital derivatives of product or any part of the curriculum. See Copyright for complete terms.
- Indemnification: You shall defend, indemnify and hold Kids Can Sew® and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and third party service providers harmless from and against any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site, your violation of any of the Terms, your violation of any law, or the infringement by you or any other user of your account of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
LEGAL: Instructors/Members using the Kids Can Sew® Program are independent contractors and are not employed by nor partnered with Kids Can Sew®. Kids Can Sew® is not held liable and cannot be held liable for any decision, act, etc. by any individual resulting from the use of and/or promotion of the Kids Can Sew® product and/or classes etc. Kids Can Sew® is not responsible for information that is found to be incorrect or inaccurate. This site is NOT to be used for anything illegal. If you would like to report any violation of these terms, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 832-444-6949.